Betting Terms Explained
- It’s the simplest type of bet also the most expensive. It is done based on the line provided by the Sportsbook, for example: In an NFL Packers vs Patriots match, the favorite team has a negative number (-150) while the underdog one positive (+110). It only bets on the final result of the matchup.
- Packers: -150 means you should bet $ 150 to win $ 100.
Patriots: +110 means you must bet $ 110 to win $ 100.
- It is the advantage of points that the Sportsbook gives to the underdog team, it does not depend on the final match result.
- For example: Steelers -3 vs Colts +4 if you are going to bet on the favorite (Steelers) the match will start with -3 points against the Steelers, this means that the match must end at least 14 – 10 to win The bet.
- If the game ends Steelers 11 vs Colts 10 you will have lost the bet since it does not cover the Spread.
- The Point Spread is simply a point advantage given by the Sportsbook to the underdog team.
- Betting ‘Over’ is betting on more than a set number of goals, and betting ‘Under’ is betting on less than a set number of goals.
Across the board
- Method of betting on a classic career. It is charged if the horse ends in the first, second or third place.
- Person who bets an amount of money, and accepts the fee offered by a bookmaker for reaching the final score of a sporting event.
- Game in which a person risks money for the final result of a sporting event.
- Canceled: Bet that is returned to the bettor account for various reasons, such as a football match is canceled due to bad weather.
- For example, a system bet estimated at 3/5. In this system, five forecasts are chosen. To obtain benefits, at least three forecasts must be correct.
- Bet on a long-term sports event. For example, who will win the Super Bowl?
- et on a sports event in real time. The odds differ greatly and depend on the course of the sporting event.
Combination or Parlay
- Bet that is not related to the outcome of the sporting event. For example, who would be the next coach of Real Madrid?
- Bet with a single prediction about a sporting event.
- Betting for several sporting events. You have to hit all the predictions to win the bet. The benefits depend on the combination of the various fees.
- A bet whose probability of winning is considered very high. In system bets, you can choose a banker, it is a sure result that is played in all combinations and must be good to win.
- It is a prize given by the bookmaker to his clients. There is a particular incentive for new clients, for which you open an account, or also for existing clients.
- A bookmaker is a company that offers sports betting.
- It is the sum of money that is placed in a bet. If it is a winner, the amount multiplied by the quota is returned; If the result is not reached, the risky risk is lost.
- It is the company that offers odds for different sporting events and manages the accounts of its betting clients.
- A favorite.
- A person who normally plays favorite teams.
Amount to be returned
- Your benefit, including risky money.
- Once you have registered, receive the login data (username, password …), which will allow you to place your bets and have your account, as well as make deposits and withdrawals.
- The fee is a plotter of the potential winnings to a bet. There are several types of fees.
- It is a quota that can be expressed as a positive or negative number (ex: -110 or 110).
- When two or same horses or dogs finish the race without a clear winner.
- The money that the bettor deposited in his account in the Sportsbook.
- A bet with two forecasts for the same sporting event. Example: In a football match, bet on victory and draw at the same time.
Double result (Halftime / Fulltime)
- Bet on the result of a match at the end of the first part and at the end of the game.
- Bet on the final result of the match.
- The money you earn if your bet has an impact.
H2H (head to head)
- Win the bet if the best athlete wins between two participants. These bets exist in sports disciplines such as Formula One or Alpine skiing.
- The bet includes an advantage of one goal or more for the inferior team a priori and allows assimilate the odds.
- The Asian handicap is similar to the handicap, but has specific rules. For example, you can not bet on a draw.
- Make bets to both teams in a match to prevent losses or guarantee a minimum money benefit.
- It’s the commission for the bookmaker.
- Are the lines (Odds) with a reduced number for example: If you are going to bet the Money Line with reduced juice this will look similar to -105 you can say that reduced juice is all lower than -110.
- Sale of a bet in a betting exchange house.
Off the board
- A game in which the bookmaker does not accept more bets. The event has already begun.
- Bet on the result of the game at the end of the first part.
- Percentage that represents the chances of a team’s victory in an event.
- Bet on the exact result of a match.
- Earn a lot of money.
- The money that is bet.
- The risk of winning a ‘sucker bet’ is very large, the odds are very high.
Theoretical Hold Percentage
- The risk that the bookmaker can run if the prices guarantee a constant commission regardless of the results.
- A team that has little chance of winning a game. Your quote is very high.
- When the prices in a proposition are in favor of the betting house.
- The same as ‘Underlay’.
- Maximum bet accepted by the bookmaker before the price changes.
- A bettor who knows a lot about football and other sports disciplines.